About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! :) My name is Kristene, and I am 18 years old. This is my second year at YC. I live in Black Canyon City, which i about an hour south of Prescott, which is why I prefer online classes. I work at Rock Springs Cafe, so if your ever around stop in and say hi! Well I guess thats covers the basics. Were all going to have a great semester! :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid-Session Blog

1. What has been your biggest challenge in this class so far? What has been your biggest success?
2. How have the readings in the class affected you?
3. How is literary analysis different from other types of writing you have done in college?
4. What are your goals for the second half of the session? What do you hope to improve or accomplish?
My biggest challenge in this class so far has been getting used of the type of writing for our essays. I am more used to research papers and papers with a lot of facts, and less opinion. I think my biggest success in this class so far would be my essay two. I am starting to get the hang of the expectations more and feel like I did a much better job on essay two, then on any other of my assignments.
The readings in this class have been interesting and mind blowing, I enjoyed the two readings with have worked with so far. Both books on the Vietnam War have absorbed into my brain and I know I will never forget either of them. Doing an essay on them and homework assignments has been interesting to share and play with the ideas and concepts of the stories.
Literary analysis has been different then other writing types that I have had to do, because literary analysis is analyzing a story and also being argumentative and opinionated and in Eng 101 most of our essays were all about facts. In eng 101 we did research on our topics and used a lot of resources and facts to form our ideas and papers. Eng 102 lets us put our own ideas into our papers to give the reader an idea of how we say the author’s main points.
For the second half of the semester I am really hoping to work on bringing my grade up by putting an extra 100% on top of the 100% I’m already giving. I am going to get every assignment in on time, and I am going to put more of an effort towards my discussion board post. I would also like to improve my class discussion work. I would like to improve my writing as much as possible in the time I have in this class to better myself in my next English classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment