About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! :) My name is Kristene, and I am 18 years old. This is my second year at YC. I live in Black Canyon City, which i about an hour south of Prescott, which is why I prefer online classes. I work at Rock Springs Cafe, so if your ever around stop in and say hi! Well I guess thats covers the basics. Were all going to have a great semester! :)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Sand Storm By: Sean Huze

The writing of Sean Huze made me feel a lot of different emotions. The story came from so many different people’s point of view and each person made me feel different things. I have a very close friend in Iraq right now, and to hear these stories that could of could not be happening to him makes me feel sad, worried, curios, and so much more. The story is very honest, the only feelings they seem to hold back are their emotional ones towards each other. Throughout the entire story soldiers told us about their memories and feelings. Some of the stories were hard to read, hearing about their joy of killing people and the lack of remorse. Some of the soldiers actually enjoyed killing the people over there, and not just the bad people but civilian women and children too. It’s understandable to want to kill the people that are trying to killing you, and accidently kill civilians along the way, but to enjoy it seems cold hearted. It hurts knowing that the people you know and love leave this country human and become something awful over there. From what the soldiers in the story explain it doesn’t seem like we treat them well enough at all. They shouldn’t have to run out of water or worry about food and medical supplies. They are fighting for our country and we can’t even make sure they are well taken care of? That doesn’t seem right at all. This story should make anyone feel for our soldiers overseas whether they agree with the war or not. I am not a fan of the war, nor is anyone, but I support our troops and their decisions to bravely fight for our country. Our country needs someone to fight for it and all the men and women out there fighting should be highly respected. This story opens your eyes to real dirty details of what our soldiers go through. The soldiers in Huze’s story tell every detail of their memories without holding back. They curse and tell the awful things they’ve done and about all the people they’ve lost. All the emotions of these soldiers filled my heart and made me feel what they were feeling. All the pain when they lost a friend, the anxiety of battle, the warming sensation of getting mail from home, and the comfort from the small community in Baghdad. This play was written very well, it is a very powerful and truthful. I enjoyed reading about the memories of these brave soldiers, even if some of the stories were harder to read than others.



I found a interesting little site with some poetry about Iraq, check it out.
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/warpoetry/Iraq.html

No comments:

Post a Comment